Writing unique and interesting messages in the annual holiday cards you send out as part of your business can be pretty intimidating. Just getting one year right is tough enough, now try to do it all over again, without repeating yourself, year after year.
If this is something you struggle with, I’ve rounded up some writing prompts for everything from fun to professional to heartfelt that will spark your imagination and help you get started. Just remember, the best holiday messages come from a personal place of experience, gratitude and heart. Start with the core messages I’ve shared here and add the appropriate holiday greeting (Thanksgiving, Christmas, Hanukah, etc).
The best holiday messages come from a personal place of experience, gratitude and heart. Click To Tweet
Next, to truly make your messages memorable, nothing beats adding a personal note. Here’s my tip: Be specific and mention something that will make them smile.
- For example, instead of saying “Thanks for working with us” try this: “Thanks for letting us cut loose with the creativity in designing those fun extras for your clients. By the way, the Scooby-Doo themed stickers are one of our all-time favorites!”
Bottom line – be sincere, add a personal touch, and you’ll be able to create original and unforgettable holiday messages for your cards year after year.
Holiday card writing ideas for entrepreneurs & small business
- Merry and bright – that’s me! And it’s all because of you. You’ve always been there for me, and whenever we work together I know we’re creating something special. This time of year is for thinking about what we’re grateful for, and I had to tell you how much I enjoyed (details about your work). Thank you. Truly!
- Thank you for your trust, your friendship, and your loyalty throughout the year. I’m amazed at your talents, and so grateful I was able to help you share them with the world.
- I just had to send a big Thank You for __________. I’m so in awe of your gifts and appreciate all you do.
- This was a stellar year because I got to ________ with you! Thank you so much for _____!
- When it comes to awesome people, you’re at the top of my list. Thanks so much for _____.
- Thanks for trusting me with _____________. I love working with you and am grateful for the chance to support your dreams.
- Just had to let you know that working with you this year was one of the highlights of our business. It is such a pleasure to work with someone like you – let’s do it again soon!
- What brings us joy? You! The world is much brighter for people like us because of amazing people like you.
- This holiday season our hearts are full and our spirits are bright – all because of you! We appreciate your loyalty, are inspired by your brilliance, and in awe of the way you are making a difference in the world around you. Way to go!
- Every time you call, our office does a happy dance. Why? Because we love working with you! We’re grateful for your trust, inspired by your loyalty, and can’t wait to see what’s next in the New Year.
p.s. Want more tips for boosting your writing skills and productivity? Download my free guide called “Get in the Zone” and learn how to make writing fun as you get a lot done.