Fall is fast approaching and I thought you might enjoy some brainstorming for blogging (blogstorming?) and promotional ideas you can use for your own online marketing. We’re all busy, but this time of year seems to really take the cake for busy-ness so please feel free to use the ideas I’ve blogstormed (oh yeah, I’m liking that word!) when you need content, but lack creative brain bandwidth.
Here we go….
Fall Blogging and Biz Promotion Ideas
~ September ~
Promotion Idea: Write an article or series of articles that will promote your signature product or program. Ask yourself this: If a potential buyer was ready to purchase this product or service, what are some questions they might have about topics that relate to what you offer? Write about that! This gives value – and naturally leads itself to mentioning your signature offering without being cheesy.
- Sept 13: Fortune Cookie Day: What would you write for a fortune cookie that would help your audience?
- Sept 19: Talk like a Pirate Day: Have fun with this one!
- Sept 21: World Gratitude Day: What are you grateful for? What can you give or write about to show your gratitude to your clients, customers and loyal readers?
- Sept 28: Ask a Stupid Question Day: There are no stupid questions, right? Plan ahead, ask your readers what they are struggling with, and write articles that answer their questions.
~ October ~
Promotion Idea: It’s Challenge Month! Seriously, you can’t click around the internet without running into a mountain of challenges with topics that range from business to finance to fitness and happiness. Let’s go with it, but mix it up by declaring “Challenge Yourself” month. Here are some ideas that will help you strengthen relationships with your audience and attract new readers too:
- Put it out there what type of challenge you are tackling on your blog and ask your community what they want to challenge themselves with. (take note of their answers, this will help spark new blog ideas for down the road)
- Post a photo with a quote about it. Be sure to link to your blog article.
- Share updates about your progress on social media
- Post an article sharing how you did at the end of your self-challenge. Create a free download with what you learned so that others can benefit as well. (can be used as a list builder)
- Oct 4: Improve Your Office Day: Take before and after pictures of something you do to improve your office. Give readers an intimate look at where/how you work, and a shared experience. Check out my friend Deanne Marie’s free Room Arranger Toolkit for great ideas the professionals use.
- Oct 20: Conflict Resolution Day: Everyone faces conflicts, in life and business. Think of a personal or business conflict you could help your readers with and write about it. Write from the heart. Share a personal story. Give with the goal to help others and lift them up. Esther Bleuel, the Tough Talk Coach, has a blog and videos with great insight into positively dealing with personal and professional conflict.
- Oct 30: Checklist Day: Create a free checklist that your readers can use that will make their life easier.
~ November ~
Promotion Idea: According to the grand high poohbahs of the retail world, Black Friday is no longer just the day after Thanksgiving… It’s EVERY Friday starting right after Halloween. So have fun and go with it by offering amazing Black Friday deals every Friday, all season long.
- Anytime: The topic of gratitude offers so many possibilities. Give free advice; spotlight valued clients; write about mentors that inspire; share what you are thankful for.
- Anytime: Family is a big theme this month as well. Family has many meanings, though. Write about your professional family/team – the people you can’t do without. Share a story about a family member that you cherish, are inspired by, collaborate with.
- Anytime: Food and Festivities. Have fun with this. Talk about nutrition tips. Share recipes. Make shopping lists. Share DIY tips. Then move on to what “feeds” your inspiration. What nurtures your business. What you must have to survive and thrive every day. How to add some sparkle to your products and services. And how your readers can share in the bounty as well.
What are your plans for blogging and promoting your business this Fall? I’d love to hear. Share them below or shoot me an email. Even better, if you use one of these ideas, please come back and share the link to your articles so we can all enjoy them together. Good luck and write on!